World Leading Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Analyst to join their Power Transformation Programme team who can lead and define the business intent in the form of detailed outcomes and work with IT to deliver industry leading solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of working within the Energy Trading industry delivering complex business and technological change. They will have experience of working within a fast-paced, commercial business team, leading the continuous improvement of both IT and business processes within a heavily regulated industry.
They will demonstrate a good understanding of the energy trading deal lifecycle end to end, including onboarding and management of physical assets. They will also display knowledge of technical, commercial and data requirements needed to onboard, manage and optimise assets of all sizes and technologies and bring industry experience to suggest innovative solutions. This includes experience in working with high volume, high frequency data and demonstrating an understanding of the complexity required to manage that data and what is required to translate that into commercial value for trading teams.
They will be able to demonstrate change leadership throughout the E2E change lifecycle within both the agile and waterfall methodologies, including requirements definition and articulation, design, development, testing, implementation, business readiness and embedding lasting business improvement.
Key skills and experience
• Experience in defining and delivering solutions to onboard and manage physical assets, including an understanding of the complex data and technical requirements needed to do this.
• A deep understanding of energy trading and deal lifecycle for all commodities (Power, Gas and Emissions) and all asset types (e.g. generation, customers, renewable technologies etc.) within both the UK and Europe.
• A demonstrable track record of autonomously applying the right Business Analysis tools and techniques to solve the business problem or define and capture the business intent through agile or waterfall product deliverables (e.g. detailed requirements, user stories, wireframes etc.)
• The ability to effectively identify and manage key stakeholders, at all levels, throughout the change lifecycle, applying learned techniques to both listen effectively and influence accordingly, for the good of the business as a whole.
• In nature, they will be conscientious, highly analytical, but able to converse at a senior and working level; they will be an influencer, able to articulate their ideas and concepts in a convincing but collaborative manner.
• They will be a natural problem solver, a positive force for good, and a strong team player. They will contribute to debates and provide content into conversations.
• They will have highly developed communication skills, both written and spoken, and will be comfortable working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual business environment.
• They will be naturally inquisitive and keep abreast of technology, industry and regulatory developments which may provide the team with a business advantage or protect against a specific risk.
• They will be flexible, hardworking, and committed to delivering business outcomes.
• Reporting to the Business Project Manager for the Asset Management Programme, the successful candidate will work as part of the Commercial Delivery team, working with the commercial teams, programme team and IT delivery teams to ensure the successful delivery of several business improvement initiatives running in parallel.
• The team is a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment so the role holder will need to adapt to new and emerging change needs, including a strong commercial pipeline of new customers, acquisitions and asset-backed Power Purchase Agreements.
• The primary focus will be on the definition and delivery of the strategic processes and platform required to onboard and manage physical assets, providing solutions that directly improve the value that commercial teams can deliver.
• Based in London, the role may require some travel to Europe or other UK destinations as requested.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age. Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing