BA to support the below objectives:
– Map as-is situation on MAHS; focus on tech stack currently used
– Identify ADLS mitigation for MAHS
– Compare current MAHS stack with proposed EDP setup and identify any gaps
– Determine common way forward together for all MAHS users Azure Data Platform Engineering
– Knowledge, Cloud Integration
– Knowledge, Business Analysis Techniques
– Knowledge Background: Over the last years, Retail has been using Managed Azure Hosting Service (MAHS) as cloud technology to ingest data and build applications on Azure like CRM RDP, SFS BI and SPARC. More than 25TB of data is currently stored on the platform.
MAHS makes use of Azure standard components, of which Azure Date Lake Storage (ADLS) Generation 1 becomes end of life (EOL) in Q1 2024. On top of that, internal Shell policy forces MAHS to be EOL by December 2023. It is important to determine an approach in time to allow for an optimized migration path of all MAHS users before MAHS and ADLS Gen1 go EOL
• Able to link technical solutions with business strategy when working with business partners.
Has knowledge of how competitors are using IT solutions to gain competitive edge, applies that knowledge to projects. Leading stakeholder management activities.
Creates opportunities to make the stakeholder feel valued and develop trust.
• Broad and extensive knowledge, often in own specialized field especially Retail Business, to provide interpretive, advisory or facilitating services for the use of others to achieve results.
The job requires extensive knowledge of working on Retail Point Of Sale, Back Office Sale and Integrations.
• Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
• Participates in team effort to create new best practice material based on identified gaps.
• Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
• Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
• Configure and document software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
• Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
• Expertized in working on Retail Site System Landscape, having an understanding of POS, BOS, HOS and functional domains like NFR, Loyalty, Site Operation, Wet Stock Business, Payments/ Settlements and Fleets etc. Familiarity working with UK site specific markets.
• Guide business stakeholders to gain acceptance / sign-off. Manage requirements to the smallest set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives and end-user buy-in.
• Describe technology in terms easily understood by business customers and set realistic customer expectations for the project outcome. Adjust customer expectations in accordance with changes in scope.
• Agile/ Waterfall/ Hybrid Methodologies of Software Development and Delivery.
• Proficient in the majority of the Retail Business Domains viz Retail Network (POS, BOS, HOS), Business Domain (NFR, Fleet, Loyalty, Fuel Pricing etc).
• Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail.
• Has a comprehensive knowledge of the technical specialism of IT