Job title: CONTRACTS COORDINATOR / CONFIRMATIONS ANALYST / BACK OFFICE ANALYST
The position is part of the Contracts team that supports the Shell Energy Europe & Environmental products (SE-EE) trading organization. SE-EE markets and trades natural gas and power across Europe and manages Shell’s environmental products business globally. SE-EE’s counterparties include major resource holders of gas, upstream producers, investment banks, trading houses, utilities, power generators and large industrial and commercial gas and power users.
The primary purpose of the Contracts Coordinator is to validate trades entered into by SE-EE, working closely with the trading teams to ensure the accuracy of the Energy Risk & Trade Management (ETRM) system, and confirm trades with SE-EE’s counterparties.
1. Validate trader deal sheets/recap against the ETRM to ensure accuracy of the deal capture.
2. Reconcile broker recaps and investigate any mismatches.
3. Draft (whether automatically through STP tools or manually) and ensure timely dispatch of all Counterparty Confirmations.
4. Receive and reconcile all Counterparty Confirmations.
5. Chase outstanding and overdue Confirmations to ensure receipt within contractual deadlines.
6. Monitor electronic Confirmations (both Broker and Counterparty) for failures and resolve through to successful match.
7. Ensure compliance at all times with the Global Contracts Control Framework and relevant SOX Controls.
8. Support the provision of regular KPIs.
9. Maintain desktop procedures to reflect current processes.
10. Handling any other ad hoc Trading / Confirmation requests and queries as required.