A World Leading Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer with Azure experience to work alongside the Tech Lead to build and unit test Golden Source data pipelines, data models in data lakes, data warehouse and semantic marts.
You will join a team who are building a Data Warehouse that will ingest data primarily from the Aligne ETRM system into an MS-Azure data lake and then present dashboards to the Market Risk team and Traders. The system will eventually provide all Power, Gas and Emissions desks a single source of the truth for all their reporting needs.
About thee role:
• Work in development sprint teams under the direction of the Tech Lead / Scrum Master
• Responsible for development and unit testing of user stories that have been assigned to them
• Develop robust data pipelines and data models
• Use Azure technologies for development e.g. Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse, Azure Analysis Service, SQL server
• Support the creation and maintenance of the analytics infrastructure
• Build API endpoints exposing data to other services
• Participate in relevant sprint meetings e.g. daily stand-ups, retrospectives and sprint planning meetings
• Maintain the required status on the chosen technology e.g. Jira
• Provide SME input on technology and systems Skills & experience required
• Microsoft Azure cloud services – Azure Databricks, Spark on HDInsight,
• Event Hubs, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory(v1 & v2), Azure Blob Storage,
• Azure Data lake Store (ADLS Gen1 / Gen2), Azure Functions, Azure DevOps, SQL DW, Polybase AzCopy, AdlCopy
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age. Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.