World Leading Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Lead for their Global Microservices team.
Understand the requirements and design the architecture, followed by growing a team of around 8 engineers and remaining quite hands on initially.
Current tech stack within the business is (C#, Scala)
• Lead and inspire a team of Backend Engineers in the Europe & India to deliver world class services
• Work with product teams to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability.
• Help product teams to develop and deploy on a cloud native environment
• Ensure all key services are measured, monitored and raising alerts when needed
• Develop automation of application deployment and configuratio
• Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers and products
• Coach and train developers on best practices
• Research, develop, configure and implement tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Drive efficiencies in products and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring, backup/restore and root cause analysis.
You Have :
• Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
• Minimum 8+ years of experience on Backend stack, building highly scalable/performant backend systems
• Strong fullstack coding and architecture ability in one/more programming languages (C#, Scala, Go, Ruby, Python, PHP, etc…)
• Experience on Kubernetes, Docker
• Experience in Azure cloud
• Experience with deployment and support of Azure services
• Understanding of Microservice based Architecture
• Ability to implement infrastructure as code
• An understanding of application security and information security controls
• A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
• Monitoring and logging platforms
• Excellent technical leadership ability
• Experience in building strong technical teams
• Communicate and lead technical solutions with Architecture, Infrastructure, DevOps and Security specialists
• Experience leading a team or have vast project leadership experience
• Problem Solver
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age. Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.