Mobility is not only Shell’s largest customer-facing business, serving over 30m customers per day through 500,000 service champions in over 44,000 sites across 70+ countries, but also the #1 Mobility business in the world. Still, we are on a significant and ambitious growth journey to double the business and thrive through the energy transition.
Achieving our ambitions will mean keeping customers at the heart of our business and treating every interaction as a chance to deliver on our purpose of making life’s journeys better. Mobility’s Global Marketing Team are passionate about Shell’s customers and creating long-term business value
– whether it is developing and sustaining innovative CVPs based on customer insights, creating marketing-leading pricing strategies, delivering best-in-class communications, loyalty programmes, & operational excellence, or leading in the digital & data space, the Global Marketing Team works hand-in-hand with local teams to drive synergies and innovation.
Come and join us as we embark on the next phase of our ambition!
If you are passionate about customer first experiences and data driven marketing, serving the right message to the right customer at the right time, then the Global CRM Manager role for you. Our aim in CRM is to power the data driven marketing agenda and enrich the customer experience and create valuable relationships at every touchpoint. The CRM Manager is a critical role in the team to kick-start the work in accelerating Shell’s CRM future roadmap.
Where You Fit In?
We put the customer at the heart of our award-winning programme. We currently run a CRM programme across +24 markets worldwide with multiple CVPs and tech landscape, working with 3 CRM agencies and multiple operational vendors, deploying 700+ campaigns per year and 200M+ individual piece of communication. Global CRM programme is highly profitable delivering strong business returns.
The CRM Manager role is a critical role to kick-start the CRM Future roadmap in line with Shell group and Shell Mobility 2025 ambitions, this includes project managing key CRM growth lever projects including real-time Customer Data Platform rollout, maximizing the Food value opportunity and outlining the ultimate potential for CRM at Shell. This role will report into the Global CRM Strategy & Delivery Manager.
The Role & Responsibilities
The aim of the role is to kick start some fundamental growth CRM projects that are marked on the 2025 CRM roadmap delivery. Role will work closely with a range of wide business & agency stakeholders to super-charge & deliver key CRM projects, which are as followed:
• Lead & deliver Real-time Customer Data Platform implementation: Responsible for set up & successful delivery & implementation of Customer Data platform (Adobe Experience Platform) automating the CX across the full channel mix – creating a data fueled seamless, integrated CX.
• Support Future of CRM delivery: The ambition is to move away from a campaign driven, manual CRM program to a customer journey led CRM program that enables near time decisioning and rewards customers with personalized offers wherever they are, maximizing the full CRM customer & channel potential. Rolle will drive forward the connected CX strategy and will set the foundations for our next gen CRM.
As part of that identify the full potential of CRM at Shell via external benchmarking.
• Lead NFR (Non-Fuels-Retailing) customer/ business value opportunity: Role will lead the work on how we maximize our business value across NFR business (ie: Food Retailing) via CRM, harnessing the power of the existing offer decisioning engine.
• Over 24 markets supported worldwide across Mobility business;
• 3 global marketing agencies and total 9 global vendors
• Significant stakeholder management: GMs (Global and Markets), Country Marketing Managers, Country Paylo/CRM Managers, B2B, wider Marketing & Business teams
• No direct reports
What We Need from You
. Passion about data driven marketing and customer first experiences
. Extensive marketing experience with substantial exposure to CRM and / or Loyalty programme management (7+ years) ideally within Retail background
. CRM specialist with experience in activating Real-time Customer Data platforms like Adobe Experience/ Salesforce etc. across the full marketing channel mix
. CRM channel specialist with expert knowledge in CRM activation, strategy & best in class executions
. Extensive experience in managing marketing agencies, with clear understanding of their business model and processes.
. Learner mindset & passion for new technology
. Excellent project management
. Strong commercial acumen and results focused
. Strong knowledge of Marketing operations (preferably in Retail context)
. Impressive communication skills; much of what you do has to be explained to a non-SME audience.
. Good knowledge of IT and Marketing technologies
. Good knowledge of Marketing Automation
. Excellent collaboration and Stakeholder management
. Track record of successfully managing complex operational projects or activities
. Managing and developing IT systems and data feeds and links