World Leading Energy company has an exciting opportunity for an IDT Advisor.
The IDT Advisor supports the IDT Manager to identify, realise, and protect value across the IT business portfolio. The role drives rigour and discipline in the opportunity realisation process and under scope agreed with the IDTM self-starts to drive standalone technology and data opportunities within the Portfolio. The IDT Advisor demonstrates understanding of business vision, strategy and KPIs, balancing these with knowledge about the Enterprise IT vision, strategy, and prevailing technology standards. Day to day the IDT Advisor demonstrates curiosity about commercial problems and displays the requisite behaviours to drive Portfolio fulfilment of target KPIs.
§ Supports the IDTM with the management of a network of business and x-functional IT stakeholders, building and sustaining working relationships.
§ Contributes to senior business stakeholder engagements by supporting the IDTM to inform, influence, and challenge with data-driven insights.
§ Understands business KPI’s and IT’s strategic role in their fulfilment.
Value Generation & Protection
§ Supports the IDTM in the end to end management of opportunity identification and realisation, including associated demand and value generation processes.
§ Contributes to the Value Funnel of the IT business portfolio, independently owning and maturing individual opportunities.
§ Creates robust business cases and understands how to calculate value, assess benefits, and determine risk.
§ Understands the vision, strategy, and KPIs of their IT business portfolio.
§ Understands the value chain, customer journeys, and associated touchpoints of the IT business portfolio.
§ Understands industry trends, the dynamic competitor landscape, and prevailing behaviours.
IT Portfolio Management
§ Owns and manages areas of demand, with IDTM oversight, working closely with business stakeholders to understand and capture detailed business requirements.
§ Works to align the business facing natural team around elements of the IT Strategic Plan for optimisation of portfolio investments, reduction of operational costs, and management of risk.
Skills & Requirements:
• Commercial Mindset: Applies the business lens consistently by understanding business strategies, priorities, and challenges, as well as industry trends, competitor landscape (including new entrants), and associated behaviours.
• Technology Practitioner: Tells a compelling story and talks relevantly about the commercial opportunities possible from adoption and/or exploitation of technology and data in maximising value. Tells a compelling story about the direction of travel and the role of Enterprise IT in maintaining secure and reliable operations, as well as enabling greater business value through Enterprise-wide IT changes. Understands the value of citizen development or Do it Yourself IT (DIY) and is able to coach and guide the business on aspects of data, security and application of DIY technologies, co-creating new solutions.
• Digitally Literate: Demonstrates knowledge to all stakeholders about new and emerging technology products and services, understanding their opportunity to disrupt and generate new business models, value outcomes, and processes.
• Data Fluent: Uses data consistently to generate insights and inform opportunity development and decision-making. Seeks opportunity to upskill in relevant visualisation tools (PowerBI, for example)
• Agile: Challenges the status quo and adopts ways of working that foster co-creation and collaboration across stakeholders.
• Prototyping: Demonstrates business value potential from technology in real time, being able to stand up technology experiments and pilots when required.
• Customer Centric: Understands the value chain of the IT business portfolio and associated customer journeys and touchpoints. Applies customer centric techniques to identify and pursue the right value opportunities.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.