World Leading Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Data Analyst who has worked within Commodity Trading environment to join one of the largest energy trading operations globally, who trade in crude oil, natural gas, LNG, electrical power, refined products, chemical feedstocks and environmental products.
The business is continuing to expand investment in data and analytics, with an ambition to share data and decision making capabilities across the organisation. This role is to support the IT delivery team to identify the future shape of that end-to-end landscape.
About the Role:
This position is to support the development of a target landscape for their trading analytics and the underlying data and services needed to support this.
• Have a strong understanding of the data used in energy commodity trading eg. Pricing, trade data, physical implications of deals, market data, fundamentals etc.
• Understand typical IT systems used in trading, including shortcomings and propose functional solutions e.g. what falls between the gaps in a given ETRM? How do others solve specific process or technology challenges?
• Engage with people across a range of roles (front, middle, back office) and seniority in the business be confident managing relationships across all levels
• Ensure that you use the right tools and techniques, and in particular to ‘fill in the gaps’ between stated requirements and what a world class end to end trading business looks like
• Decompose work to a set of concrete steps and manage delivery against those steps, ensuring progress towards the end goal
• Lead and facilitate effective workshops and other sessions, including virtual workshops
• Domain knowledge – Excellent knowledge of energy commodity trading (particularly the front office) with a good understanding of trading data (see above); capable of challenging assumptions and driving out the fundamental goals and priorities of the business
• Hands on experience building and delivering trading tools, and in particular market analysis of fundamentals data
• Help maximise value from data outside the ETRM
• Be highly analytical – able to problem solve, absorb large amounts of detail and to see the big picture. Be able to manage conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity
• Understands data engineering tooling: databricks/Spark, ADF, Apache Airflow, SQL, document and NoSQL databases, Azure Functions, Web Apps, and distributed / event-driven architecture (event hub, event bus, kafka etc.), ELK, etc.
• Be a good communicator – able to deliver a message effectively and concisely at all levels, on both a technical and a business level
• Be self-motivated and self-starting
• Agile working – Being able to lead a team with practical experience of leading in an iterative/Agile development team: sprint planning, daily scrums, reviews and retrospectives
Desirable criteria and qualifications:
• Experience in toolsets for managing requirements, for example, Azure DevOps, SharePoint, etc.
• Professional accreditation e.g. Foundation in Business Analysis or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis, Professional Scrum Master I (Fundamental) Assessment from scrum.org
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing