World Leading Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Data Engineer to support a number of in-flight initiatives across the Programme. This includes onboarding of renewable assets, short term Power Trading and associated trading operations as well as supporting ad-hoc data and systems enhancements across the Programme.
About the role:
The team is a cloud native team deploying solutions into MS Azure. You will be tasked with defining strategic solutions and best practices for a small number of Data Engineers but will also be hands-on gathering requirements, designing and supporting the delivery of data solutions supporting trading and operations for the Power Desk within the business. Part of this role includes meeting the visualisation, reporting and analytics needs of key business functions through development and experience of data models. You should be adept at working within an agile environment using the Scrum framework.
• Adaptable to change, versatile and pragmatic
• Uses best practice development techniques but can change approach according to conflicting timelines/risks involved
• Comfortable talking to trading business users and can translate business needs into tangible IT deliverables
• Keeps up-to-date knowledge with recent IT software developments (open source and cloud in particular)
• Used to working in a flexible, independent manner on a mixture of small unstructured and large structured items
• Experience of utilising the appropriate development, data engineering (ETL, stream processing) principles to suite requirements
• Experience of applying appropriate standards and principles when delivering data ingestion and data transformation into target data models
• Experience of converting models and features created by analysts and designers from prototypes/designs into production solutions
• Strong experience of working with big data solutions & data platform products & services on Microsoft Azure such as Databricks, SQL Warehouse, Data Factory, Data Explorer, SQL Database, PySpark etc.
• Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
• Experience of leading a team of data engineers
• Experience in the commodities trading or financial services sector
• Knowledge of application development architecture tools, technology frameworks and security principles
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age. Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.