A Global Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer Developer in Test (C++) to join their Systematic Trading platform.
We are looking for a Developer in Test (otherwise known as a SDET, QA Developer, QA Engineer, or Automated developer).
This person will read and review other’s code, create automated tests and develop our testing framework and tools. You will need to have an expert level understanding of C++ and be able to develop world-leading automated tests.
The main aim of the role is to ensure the quality of the companies largest Systematic Trading platform. The platform processes tens of billions of dollars’ worth of trades, so production stability is a key priority for us. The ideal candidate will consistently drive us towards better uptime. Note, this is not a development role, it is very much focused on code review and automated testing. This role will sit external to the development team, acting as a Gatekeeper between Testing and Production.
The candidate should enjoy taking ownership of tasks, be able to work independently but also collaborate as required. This is not a manual testing role, it requires an out-of-the-box thinker and natural problem solver. Most importantly, the candidate must want to be a Developer in Test rather than a developer. This is absolutely key, if you enjoy creating automated tests and transforming the quality assurance of an industry leading platform, you will definitely be happy in this role. If your main interest is in developing C++ code, please do not apply to this position.
Candidate must possess the following skills:
• Experience reviewing and creating automated tests in modern C++, version 11 or higher.
• Ideally having worked on a financial services or high throughput enterprise system. At least having worked on high availability, high impact systems.
• Ability to rapidly create automated test coverage for existing production code and future code deployments.
• An eye for detail as well as taking into consideration the wider system landscape.
• Good understanding of Computer Science principles including algorithms
• Familiarity with agile development methodologies and test driven development
• Working knowledge of Linux at console level
• Ability to diagnose, isolate and resolve complex technical issues Development Responsibilities
• Collaborate well with product owners (traders) and other developers
• Contributing to planning and design
• Introduce world-leading CI/CD, parallel testing and automation frameworks.
• Have an in depth knowledge of the system at source code level
• Participate in the team sprints and stand-ups, undertaking small enhancements and configuration changes
• Refine and increase automation of the infrastructure
• Improve system robustness through automated reconciliation and alerting
• The automated tests you create should run quickly and repeatedly. Support Responsibilities
• Monitor and support the system during trading hours as part of a rota (7am – 8pm London time)
• Investigate queries about system connectivity, prices and orders
• Be familiar with the whole trading platform infrastructure end to end
• Communicate clearly with other teams as required
Any of the following skills would also be very useful:
• Experience with FIX exchange connectivity – we are using QuickFIX library
• Ability to optimize code for high performance and low latency operation
• Familiarity with electronic trading – market data, order types, LOB (limit order book)
• Knowledge of Crude and Products trading including futures, swaps, curves and spreads
• Familiarity with any Trading systems of record
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.