About the role:
• Work with product teams to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability
• Help product teams to develop and deploy on a cloud native environment
• Ensure all key services are measured, monitored and raising alerts when needed
• Develop automation of application deployment and configuration
• Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers and products
• Coach and train developers on DevOps best practices
• Research, develop, configure and implement tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Drive efficiencies in products and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring, backup/restore and root cause analysis
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute
• 5+ years of experience on DevOps/SRE or equivalent
• Strong experience in Python or equivalent language
• Strong experience on bash scripting
• Strong experience with Kubernetes
• Strong experience with Docker
• Experience with DevOps in Azure cloud.
• Experience with deployment and support of Azure services
• Strong experience with Azure PaaS and SaaS
• Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
• Understanding of Microservice based Architecture
• Ability to implement infrastructure as code
• An understanding of application security and information security controls
• A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems
• Working knowledge of Terraform, Ansible, Azure DevOps, Jenkins (or other similar toolset)
• Data Science platform/tools experience, plus monitoring and logging platforms, will be an advantage
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age. Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.