Senior Monitoring and Surveillance Analyst : Data Analytics : Trading and Supply Compliance
A World Leading Energy Company has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Monitoring and Surveillance Analyst to join their global Trading and Supply Compliance team, based in London/Remotely initially.
Purpose and Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Global/EMEA Manager Monitoring and Surveillance, the Senior Analyst Monitoring and Surveillance is a member of the Compliance Framework & Oversight team within T&S Compliance.
The T&S Monitoring and Surveillance team has global responsibility for monitoring & surveillance (M&S) of T&S’s trading practices and business communications.
The Senior Analyst Monitoring and Surveillance will be expected to:
• Monitor T&S’s trading practices and business communications to detect market abuse and non-compliance with other regulations and requirements;
• Gather relevant information related to alerts and inquiries, prioritise based on risk, fully investigate and make recommendations for follow up or closure;
• Read market commentaries/communications and analysis to identify expected trading behaviour and deviations from this behaviour;
• Prepare Management Information (MI) on Compliance Monitoring & Surveillance activities (including case reports) for reporting at the T&S Governance, Risk, Compliance & Assurance (GRCA) Committees;
• Partner as a Monitoring & Surveillance SME with other parts of Compliance
• No direct reports but required to deliver effectively through others.
Skills and experience:
• Experience in monitoring trading practice and business communications in a Financial Services or trading firm is desirable.
• Experience of market monitoring tools and software, including Excel, data analytic tools and other database systems to deal with large data sets for exploratory analytics, as well as visualisation applications (such as Spotfire or Tableau) and automated monitoring tools would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of EMEA/Asia physical/financial crude oil, refined products, nat gas and/or electricity markets.
• Knowledge of physical and financial energy commodity trading activities and the various trading instruments (futures, swaps, options, etc.)
• Knowledge of current / proposed regulations and compliance requirements, including market abuse, anti-money laundering, anti-trust/competition law, bribery & corruption, and policies relating to G&H
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders. Credible and persuasive in ensuring the needs of our complex business are fully understood, resolve conflict and deliver tough messages.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner effectively within a global team.
• Compliance is a foundation of the way in which T&S does business and therefore integrity is one of the fundamental values that we are seeking as part of the T&S Compliance team.
We believe integrity is the hallmark of a person who demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles during their work. Integrity is the foundation on which co-workers build relationships, trust, and effective interpersonal relationships.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.