To drive business transformation and sustain the change required by Shell’s IT simplification agenda. The Transformational Change Manager is an expert position, reporting to a member of the Transformational Change leadership team within the Group CIO function. The role is delivery focused and will lead IT-driven business change in a programme or project environment.
• Engage with senior business and IT leaders and executives, IT Managers and Programme and Project Managers, to drive the change agenda.
• As an Account Manager, support the TC Account Lead by defining strategic outcomes for a component part of the account. Deliver account outcomes for the programme(s) to which they are assigned
• Partner with leaders as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in:
o Assessing and classifying the business change to determine the right change strategy and approach;
o Providing expert change strategy and planning to IT-enabled business change challenges;
o Ensuring that the appropriate change management tools and methods are applied to IT projects;
o Providing expert coaching and advice on CM activities to help develop change management behaviours to IT professionals involved in project delivery.
• Lead and run a change programme or or multiple change projects, partnering with IT Programme and Project managers.
• Drive business value and business outcomes through measurable change management and business transformation interventions, for both traditional and Agile deliveries.
• Advise, coach, manage, and mentor more junior change managers often via matrix leadership, to build the capability.
• Work closely and collaborate with peers leading change across other areas of Shell’s business, including other related departments, OD/OE, Internal Communications, Learning and Continuous Improvement.
• Equip the business with the skills to better manage and sustain change
• As a senior member of the IT Business Transformation Capability, create an environment where members feel motivated, engaged, connected, able to perform to high levels, and to grow and develop in their roles.
• Support the sourcing of specialist external consulting support where needed.
Professional and Interpersonal Skills
• Strong relationship & stakeholder management skills – experience in working as trusted advisor at senior business leader level on critical, complex challenges.
• Ability to influence effectively at different organisational levels.
• Courage and determination to challenge current practices.
• Able to challenge senior leaders while maintaining effective relationships.
• Independent and objective thinker.
• Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused.
• Confidence and ability to work in high-ambiguity work environment.
• Resilient and able to manage challenge and resistance.
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
• Highly skilled in coaching and developing TC and other skills.
• Deep expertise in initiating, leading and managing technology-led change and technology adoption.
• Mastery in Agile IT management and Agile IT project delivery
• Affinity with and understanding of the consequences of IT management and IT delivery
Expertise in transformational change and change management methods and their application, with emphasis on driving measurable business results.
o Change Strategy and Planning : Mastery
o Change Impact Assessment & Change Action Execution : Mastery
o Change Measurement : Mastery
o Stakeholder Management : Mastery
o Communications Management : Mastery
o Change Network Management : Mastery
o Learning Needs, Strategy & Planning : Mastery
o Learning Design, Build, & Execution : Mastery
o Competency & Knowledge Mgt : Skill to Mastery
o Organisation Design & Deployment : Skill to Mastery
o Culture Design & Behaviour Change : Skill to Mastery
o Role & Position Design & Deployment : Skill to Mastery
o Benefits Analysis : Skill to Mastery
o Benefits Management : Skill to Mastery
o Value Enablement and Realisation : Skill to Mastery
• Senior member of IT Transformational Change CoE
• Individual delivery of high impact business transformation and change management outcomes
• Oversee large delivery programmes.
• Support the management change portfolio across a Shell line of business with dedicated focus to one or more of the functional areas within that LOB.
• Manage a specialism or a significant portion of a specialism within the transformational change practice.
• Minimum Education or Certification: Likely to have a degree at First, Upper Second or equivalent and may have post graduate qualifications.