World Leading Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Analyst to join the business-side Power Transformation Programme team who can lead and define the business intent in the form of detailed outcomes, which the IT team can turn into industry leading IT solutions and best practice processes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of working within a global business change team, in the context of both the UK and European Energy Trading markets. They will have experience of working within a fast-paced, commercial business team, leading the continuous improvement of both IT and business processes within a heavily regulated industry.
They will demonstrate the ability to understand complex trading / hedging strategies across the full trading horizon for all energy commodities, asset management of all sizes and technologies, position management and portfolio optimisation within a vertically integrated business. They will also display knowledge of trading arrangements and the differing regulatory bodies and market interfaces across the UK and Europe.
They will understand the complexities of an Energy Trading & Risk Management system architecture and be able to demonstrate experience of having implemented new services or radically overhauled a system, in a growth business. In particular, they will understand the importance of the short-term trading desk, for both intra-day and day-ahead trading processes within this context.
They will be able to demonstrate change leadership throughout the E2E change lifecycle within both the agile and waterfall methodologies, including requirements definition and articulation, design, development, testing, implementation, business readiness and embedding lasting business improvement.
Key skills and experience
• A demonstrable track record of autonomously applying the right Business Analysis tools and techniques to solve the business problem or define and capture the business intent through agile or waterfall product deliverables (e.g. detailed requirements, user stories, wireframes etc.)
• The ability to effectively identify and manage key stakeholders, at all levels, throughout the change lifecycle, applying learned techniques to both listen effectively and influence accordingly, for the good of the business as a whole.
• Experience of organisational change, incorporating the merger of one or more businesses, demonstrating the ability to bring teams of people together with respect and consideration.
• A deep understanding of Energy Trading for all commodities (Power, Gas and Emissions) and all asset types (e.g. generation, customers, renewable technologies etc.) within both the UK and Europe.
• ETRM project delivery, working as part of a global team, to improve or replace the existing ETRM system landscape for all trading horizons, primarily focussing on the commercial value and outcomes required for short term (intra-day and day-ahead) trading.
• In nature, they will be conscientious, highly analytical, but able to converse at a senior and working level; they will be an influencer, able to articulate their ideas and concepts in a convincing but collaborative manner.
• They will be a natural problem solver, a positive force for good, and a strong team player. They will contribute to debates and provide content into conversations.
• They will have highly developed communication skills, both written and spoken, and will be comfortable working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual business environment.
• They will be naturally inquisitive and keep abreast of technology, industry and regulatory developments which may provide the Team with a business advantage or protect against a specific risk.
• They will be flexible, hardworking, and committed to delivering business outcomes which benefit the many, rather than the few.
• Reporting to the Business Side Programme Manager for Trading, the successful candidate will work as part of the Commercial Delivery team, working with both the Traders, downstream support and IT teams to ensure the successful delivery of several business improvement initiatives running in parallel.
• The Team is a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment so the role holder will need to adapt to new and emerging change needs, including a strong commercial pipeline of new customers, acquisitions and asset-backed Power Purchase Agreements.
• The primary focus will be on the definition and delivery of a new European Short-Term Trading desk alignment project, which will require experience of organisational change and operational excellence / process improvement delivery.
• Based in London, the role may require some travel to Europe or other UK destinations as requested.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion,