We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Business Analyst with deep understanding of (at least one if not two) carbon offsets, power renewable certificates, biomethane proof of sustainability.
About the Role:
The team comprises of business analysts, data engineers and developers split between London and Bangalore delivering both custom built and vendor supplied applications to the trading business. The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for identifying and documenting business requirements and working with technical teams to determine feasible solution options. The role is part of a team focussed on the growth of certificate & offset management. There is an expectation it will encompass the end-to-end solution delivery lifecycle from idea and inception to assisting the support team, once the solution is live, with expert knowledge.
You will bring with you a strong track record as a Business Analyst working with a global team as part of a trading business.
* Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with significant experience in project deliverables including the ability to:
– Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements
– Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options
* Business knowledge on certificate & offset management
* Deep understanding of at least one of these markets (preferred two) : carbon offsets, power renewable certificates, biomethane proof of sustainability
* Understanding of voluntary vs compliance markets – what markets are active/emerging, different rules and opportunities in different areas – integrating value across different regions and schemes
* Full order to retirement process understanding
* Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the energy industry and energy trading
* Comfortable talking to business users and can translate business needs into tangible user stories or requirements
* Used to working in a flexible, independent manner on a mixture of small unstructured and large structured items
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.