World Leading Oil & Gas independent UK registered charity has an exciting opportunity for a Governance, Risk and Assurance Advisor. Their mission is to co-create and take to scale solutions to sustainable development challenges, including Access to Energy and Sustainable Mobility
The Finance team is made up of a joint CFO role, a controller and four employees who report into the controller, one based in the UK and the remaining three based offshore in Chennai. Though this is initially an interim role, it provides a great opportunity for a finance professional to create change and build experience in a successful and impactful foundation. A lot of work has been put into transition the old accounting system into a new one (Aquilla) and the integration of the commercial platform (Salesforce) to have one source of truth.
The Governance, Risk and Assurance temporary role will review the entire current control framework, with deep dives into all the key processes in place, identify gaps and potential improvements, ensure activities are compliant and risks are identified and mitigated accordingly.
• Gain a good understanding of the systems the FN team uses for its different type of transactions to drive deep dives into key processes including data testing and assessments of what could go wrong
• Assess results to provide assurance or identify issues and make recommendations.
• Assessment of controls between salesforce and Aquilla
• CBO & Aqilla interface / Payment run functionality – fully documented, tested and controlled
• Driving Operational Excellence Payment process transformation. Payment run’ functionality in use
• Review of the non-programme related payment process with implementation of improvements
• VAT – document and implement new process and controls.
• Stakeholders include finance onshore and offshore team
• Salesforce focal point
Experience and Qualifications
• Accounting qualification with significant post qualification experience
• Broad finance experience
• Practical experience of designing and implementing end to end processes
• Extensive experience in designing and implementing broad control frameworks, covering governance, business and financial risks.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with the FN team and commercial team as/when needed
• Awareness of UK charity accounting, regulation and taxation requirements.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.