A Leading Newspaper and Publishing Group in the UK has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer to join their Agile Develoment team on a permanent basis.
About the role:
As a Junior Data Scientist, you will contribute to the development of an in-house, cutting-edge news platform for web and mobile on a global scale. The team do everything that is core to their business in-house – it doesn’t make sense any other way.
The team are looking for a programmer with strong data science and algorithmic skills to work on some of their newer ground breaking projects, including text classification, time series, document clustering and optimisation, forecasting, anomaly detection.
If you are a passionate developer who has used data science skills in a commercial environment then we’d love to talk with you.
• You have commercial functional experience, preferable Scala or Haskell where you have dealt with big-data, concurrency and scalability
• Able to solve analytical problems using quantitative approaches
• You are comfortable in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
• Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Information Retrieval
• Robust knowledge of classification (LR, SVM, Neural Nets), clustering (K-Means, EM, LDA) and related techniques
• You have good Data Visualization skills
• A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
• Able to work with large data sets and working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark etc.)
• Have a passion for technology and code regularly
• You thrive in a cross functional environment and are keen to learn new things
What experience do you have?
• You’ll ideally have a degree and preferably in a technical subject, if not you’ll need to have significant experience of programming outside of your degree.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.