A Leading Newspaper and Publishing Group in the UK has an exciting opportunity for a Polyglot / Fullstack Developer to join their agile development team on a permanent basis.
Role / Company Overview:
Through the companies national newspapers, websites and mobile services, the company connect with over 45% of the UK’s adult population with over 130 million consumer touch points per month.
The focus of your attention will be on group wide technology projects and will involve working across a number of the Mail brands and products. This is a collaborative environment in which you will have a strong input and the opportunity to build experience and responsibilities across the business.
The purpose of the role is to:
• Apply the principles of software engineering to the design, development and testing of critical components that are part of their ecommerce estate
• Work closely with the product owners to advise and turn ideas and requirements into well considered solutions
• Work with DevOps to manage solutions from development through to deployment
• Provide software designs and implementations that match business requirements
• Build and run systems “at web scale”
• Pair with other developers to solve problems.
• Communicate on progress, risks and issues
• Roll up your sleeves and code along with your team
• Solutions Architect
• Software Engineers
• Project Managers
• Product Owner
The role is accountable for:
• Knowing how to write secure systems with defence in depth and a good appreciation of threats and countermeasures.
• Holistic problem solving within a given set of constraints, and knowing when those constraints should be challenged
• Managing designs using collaboration platforms such as JIRA & Confluence
• Maintaining the required governance of designs and deliverables
The roles performance will be assessed / measured by:
• Development completed against designs in a timely manner
• Development completed against designs that are fit for purpose
• Providing designs and development that are compliant with principles and policies
Key leadership behaviors/ required competencies
• Write secure systems with defense in depth and a good appreciation of threats and countermeasures.
• Proven track record of building high performing reactive (async) systems
• Ruthless at refactoring, cleaning up code and concepts as you go towards building a better designed system
• Experience working closely with DevOps and Product Owners
• Experience building high performance workflows and large-scale customer facing web applications both front and back end
• A polyglot developer who is willing to do what is necessary to get the job done, whether that is, system design, database design, web development, server development, analysis, requirements, data transformation, testing, etc.
• 3 Years + experience
• Proven hands-on experience of AWS features both server-less and traditional e.g. AWS Gateway, Lambda, EC2, IAM, RDS, S3 etc.
• Experience with OpenID Connect / OAuth 2.0 concepts
• Experience with all or most: Angular, HTML, CSS/SCCS, Typescript, NodeJS, expressJS, NestJS, Java, Scala/Play, MySQL/SQL
• Understanding of OO/FP and SOLID principles and dependency injection
• Experience with creating usable and internally consistent RESTful APIs
• Familiar with Jenkins, Linux/UNIX, React Native, iOS development, Android development, C# .NET
• Able to apply agile practices and patterns
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.