World Leading Energy Co has an exciting oppotunity for a Power Trading Operations Analyst to join the UK Short Term Power Trading team, which forms part of the European Power trading organisation. The Operations Analyst is part of a 2-man 16 hour / 5 days a week team which is responsible for supporting the commercial and operational management power activities in UK and Netherlands.
• Remotely operating assets in the UK and Netherlands power portfolio
• Supporting the Trader to optimise portfolio using physical assets, wholesale market trading and balancing market trading
• Ensure compliance with customer asset restrictions such as emissions limits, running hours and availability
• Responsible for the accurate nomination and physical scheduling of remote power assets including batteries, gas reciprocating engines, offshore wind and CCGTs
• Responsible for ensuring HSSE standards are maintained throughout all remote physical asset instructions
• Monitor UK Balancing Market and ensure all data facing the system operator is updated accurately and in a timely manner
• Maximise commercial opportunity by competitive pricing in the Balancing Mechanism
• Monitor performance of all assets/contracts and liaise with customer where necessary
The UK Power Trading Shift Team comprises six traders working a 24/7 shift pattern and two operations analysts providing support Mon-Fri. The team manages over 100 individually controllable assets in a portfolio containing 2,100MW of dispatchable volume between UK and NL. The UK power desk delivers 26TWh of power per year, nearly 10% of the entire UK market.
This is an evolving role as part of the expansion of power trading, as such the processes and procedures change rapidly which requires team members to keep appraised on areas that affect their operational activities. Part of the role will be in liaising with the on-call power operations desk in order to deliver additional value and work towards building one cohesive and aligned gas and power trading team.
This position is for a role as part of the UK Short Term Power Trading team, the role involves working outside of normal office hours Mon-Fri. The Operations Analyst will at times be a lone worker and therefore must be comfortable to work without supervision.
Skills and Requirements:
• Self-starter, able to effectively multi-task
• Very strong attention to detail
• Good knowledge of European power markets and asset operations.
• Working knowledge of relevant power codes and the implications on physical asset trading
• Experienced user of IT systems, skilled in MS office and preferably the ability to write basic programming code.
• Be flexible, working as part of a shift team in London.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.