Do you want to define the products and services of the future? We’re seeking a champion of design to embrace this unique role, driving the success of our products. With all the professional and personal opportunities, you’d expect from a positive, global company.
Where you fit in
Shell has a passionate commitment to doing things differently, taking a unique, innovative approach in balancing human-centred and design with an agile technology capability – tackling complexity to discover meaning.
With a huge variety of potential projects and digital and non-digital products to build across businesses and geographies, this is a design role where you can expect to be challenged to think and do differently. Getting involved at every stage, from discovery and design, executing and optimising, at scale.
What’s the role.
A Service Designer leading the experience workstream of projects. A holistic thinker, looking at, all touchpoints who continuously looks to develop product experiences. Someone who embraces empathetic research, building the foundation from which to define and design people’s relationship with energy.
What we need from you
We’re keen to hear those who can demonstrate an experience and an ambition that’s broader than ‘design’ alone; that extends into human-centred innovation. Along with an appreciation of the commercial landscape, we’d also hope to see some of the following on your CV:
• Minimum 5 years professional agency side and client-side experience in delivering, influencing, shaping direction of creating best in class digital and non-digital Products and Services.
• A real breadth in your strategic design and technical expertise – from research techniques to workshop facilitation to service design thinking with the ability to understand technical constraints and processes
• Strong Portfolio that includes a collection of real-life product examples and case studies that show your capability in design thinking with end to end services design practices.
• Start-up mentality, and practical execution of a true nature of Agile Product Development
• The ability to be highly independent, confident and flexible to adapt to a fluid landscape
• The capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively through storytelling
• The aptitude to effectively manage and leverage project teams, illustrating the value that design can bring to the enterprise commercially and technically
• Experience in converting insights and requirements derived from user research, business stakeholders and data analysis into practical execution. Aligning front to back of house experience design
• Strategic approach to problem-solving and ability to think far beyond the user interface
• Strong knowledge and proven practical execution of Customer Centric Design Principles
• Demonstratable commercial Analytical focus with an emphasis on learning, experimenting and improving.
• Experience in planning and conducting user research, usability testing, interpret feedback and incorporate into future iterations.
• Experience in designing, service design blueprints, customer journey and empathy mapping
• Experience in facilitation of Design Workshops with a variety of stake holders at all levels of an organisation
• Proven experience practice knowledge working in Agile Projects from user stories and backlog management to acceptance criteria
• Proficiency with design tools such as: Sketch, Adobe XD, inVision Studio, Zeplin, Axure RP
• Solid understanding of usability and accessibility standards including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) & ISO 9241
• Nice to have multiple languages (English +X)
• Work closely with other designers, commercial and technical teams to execute a balanced approach to delivery
• A real breadth of skills – from research to workshop facilitation to crafting experiences
• Highly independent, flexible and adapting to evolving environments, with well-developed people skills
• A confident and passionate designer but down to earth, humble and personable
• Key sense of people and team
• Pragmatic and adaptive
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
• We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
• We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
• We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
• We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.