A World Leading Global Energy Company has an exciting contract opportunity for a Senior Service Designer with UX experience to be a part of their Digital Incubator.
This area of the business sets out to do things differently by taking a unique approach of balancing human-centred and digital design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a huge variety of potential projects and digital products to build across the business you’ll be challenged to think and do differently, having the opportunity to get involved at all stages from discovery and design, to embedding and scaling.
About the Role:
• Actively involved in project work/creating a product; owning the desirability workstream. This may involve advocating a design thinking approach, carrying out research in the discovery phase, defining problems, crafting propositions at a service design level and taking a human centred lens to embedding products and services
• Collaborate closely with Product Designer on UX activities including UX research, wireframing and (low fidelity) prototyping
• Support the facilitation of workshops to prioritise, ideate and define opportunities
• Work with the wider organisation and cross functional project teams to clarify business problems
• Work closely with other designers, to execute a balanced approach to project work and product build
• Adapt and continuously iterate feedback on the project approach
• Contribute to shaping the workings of Design within the business in conjunction with other designers
– A service designer with some UX experience
– A holistic thinker, looking at, but also beyond the product experience
– Researches empathetically and thoroughly to build the foundation from which to define and design
– Has an understanding of business but looks through a human-centred lens
– A shaper who would like to define the services, ecosystems and propositions of the future
– A champion of design that can show the value of service design
What you’ll need in your toolkit:
• A real breadth in your strategic design expertise – from research techniques to workshop facilitation to service design thinking and more importantly, doing
• UX skills including UX research and making concepts tangible (e.g. low-fi prototyping, storyboards)
• Highly independent, confident and flexible to adapt to a fluid landscape
• Capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively through storytelling and visuals yet also in a language that resonates with the business
• The aptitude to effectively manage and leverage stakeholders, illustrating the value that design can bring to the enterprise
What would be really great is…
• Your experience and ambition is wider than ‘design’ and extends into lean and human centred innovation as well an appreciation of business rigour
• Some experience with UX and digital design practices e.g. design systems, usability testing etc.
• You have worked in/with Product; having some knowledge of Product Management and Agile ways of working including user stories writing, backlog management and acceptance criteria creation
• A quality of visual design and communication that is engaging and impactful – delivered through tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
• Have an understanding or at least appreciation of digital development and technology
• Keep up-to-date on the latest thinking in the world of design; having a real passion to bring the latest practices and tools into where and how we work
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.