A World Leading Energy Company has an exciting position for an Azure Solution Data Architect to develop data models and other artefacts plus influence design decisions throughout the software development lifecycle, specifically within their Global Digital Retail Division.
You will ensure that projects and products deliver cost effective, sustainable data solutions that align with the businesses strategic direction, as well as develop data models and other artefacts plus influence design decisions throughout the software development lifecycle.
Key deliverables include the Solution Architecture High Level Design covering all necessary data models, matrices, diagrams, controls, and architectural guidance to detail the solution’s data design and enable its physical implementation.
As Solution Data Architect, you will need to collaborate with the Segment Data Architect to understand the bigger picture driving the segment, leverage and contribute towards Enterprise artefacts, and deliver in accordance to the strategic guidance and enterprise standards.
The role requires a hands-on approach to data design including specialist knowledge of technologies involved in the implementation of data-based solutions.
• Work with Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Business SME’s to determine the solutions data scope by understanding the business data requirements driving the solution
• Work with the Solution Architect to design the end-to-end solution data flows (e.g. API’s) sourcing data from architecturally approved sources (masters) and highlighting any gaps
• Work with Analysts, SME’s and Architects to assess data sources and their suitability for the solution. This includes profiling data to infer and communicate pertinent facts about users, systems and data quality from the data sets
• Design conceptual and logical data models to support the business requirements
• Use the logical data model as basis of delivering physical data models or message formats. Work with Software and Data Engineers to ensure they are implemented as designed. Where possible produces DDL for the build of data stores
• Ensure that physical models meet all functional requirements and provides input on non-functional aspects such as sizing, performance and scalability
• Create or validate mapping of data across sources, based on data content
• Work with the business to determine and document the applicable data quality standards that the data used in the solution needs to adhere to
• Work closely with Data Owners to support data quality improvement exercises
• Work with other Architects to understand and document interaction between data and applications to determine current and future systems or records and resulting integration requirements
• Drive and manage the development (and maintenance) of all solution data architecture metadata using Enterprise Tooling and exposing metadata via Data Catalogues
• Work across teams to identify existing data designs, patterns, tools or techniques that may facilitate or expedite delivery
• Collaborate with the Segment Data Architect to leverage and contribute to enterprise artefacts ensuring that the solution data architecture is implemented in alignment with the segment strategy
Skills & Requirements:
• Experience of designing Data and Analytics platforms using Azure PaaS services such as ADLS, ADF, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, Azure Analysis Services in a must.
• Experience of working on Data Cataloguing tools
• Experience of working with iPaaS such as MuleSoft and data design principles in API implementation seen as beneficial
• Deep understanding and experience of big data design patterns is a must
• Mastery of core Data Architecture skills including: Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Modelling (ERD, Dimensional), Data Warehouse Design (Kimball, Inmon), Big Data Design (Lambda, Kappa), Data Lifecycle management, Master Data Management & implementation patterns, Data Integration patterns and methods.
• Mastery of technologies involved in data management is required (database management systems, data services, data lakes, etc.).
• Mastery of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF) and application thereof
• Mastery of Data Architecture and Enterprise Architecture tooling such as PowerDesigner and BiZZdesign