A World Leading Energy Trading Company has an exciting opportunity for a Systematic Trading Developer with expert level C# skills and experience using Python, SQL and Azure DevOps.
The role is a practical, pragmatic and development focused role where a good understanding of the tech available is used to deliver insights and applications directly in the team.
– Quickly gaining knowledge of the landscape is vital in making this role as effective as possible, as work items will often involve reaching across numerous data sources in order to achieve goals. Working is in an agile, self-supported manner and the expectation is that the individual will work to deliver based on high level briefs.
– The key requirement is building tools and infrastructure which can be leveraged across the Sys Trading team and the wider company organisation to support the three main goals of the group as necessary. I organise the resources in a flexible fashion based on assessments of the problems at hand, so this could cover the direct proprietary trading activity of the team, the build out of tools to provide quantitative insights to the group and the wider business, or the automated trading capability being developed in the ATC project if necessary.
– It is essential that this individual is comfortable working in a self sufficient and agile fashion, and can find creative solutions to problems. This role would not suit developers who normally play parts in huge, long duration projects.
– This will also include significant technical work and collaboration with other members of the Sys Trading team, and the wider organisation. Behaviours such as collaboration, transparency, humility, pragmatism and a sense of perspective (I do not want somebody who wants to redesign/rebuild approaches because they believe they have not been built to ‘their standard’) are just as important as technical skill. Indeed I would rather hire an average skilled or less experienced individual with great behaviours, than the other way round.
– Very strong C# experience
– Python (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy)
– SQL development and database design
– Azure DevOps
– Experience working as a developer/analyst/consultant using these skills at bank/fund/commodities house would be a big plus.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age. Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.